Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike Hits Rosenberg~

Looks like Ike hit Rosenberg Library, hard. First floor was flooded. Hope the third floor, history center, premiere in Texas and the museum survive.

We, the Rosenberg Library staff are awaiting word. Galveston has allowed a look and leave policy on return to the isle. But the lines are long.

Barbara, Casey and Shannon are in Corpus. Cathy and I are fine, in League City and Clear Lake. We have water, but no electricity. The other half of Meadowgreeen has power. He who controls the electric grid, controls a lot of power.

Gas was distributed under the watchful eye of two HPD cops. Thanks to them and the Chevron staff, lines moved quickly. I was behind an Asian lady, who went shopping for cigarettes, while there was a line out to highway 3! The chutzpah!

We have not accounted for one of our own, Ruth. I hope she and Mary Pat are okay. I have heard from almost everyone else. Brenda flew to Utah and is now safely ensconsed in Vegas.

If anyone has ideas for housing let me know, as most of us live on the isle. I hope we get power soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger TanyaB said...

Dear Poom,

I am so relieved to learn, through the kindness of Gary Wan and John Paul Fullerton at Texas A&M that you are safe and well. Please send me an e-mail when you are able. I have some fund raising ideas for Galveston. Please e-mail. Am not so hot at blogging.

Love,
Tanya

Thu Sep 18, 11:32:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger TTHolden said...

Hi Poom-

I'm glad you and your family are safe, and hope you get your electricity soon. I am hoping for the best for Rosenberg too.

Theresa

Tue Sep 23, 08:29:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home